Thursday, March 10, 2011

What a difference a Mei makes


Mei lays greenish/blue eggs. It like Easter everyday. We treat her eggs like golden eggs, always saving them for when we run out of the brown eggs. Most days her eggs look like the egg on the left, mostly green with a tinge of brown. This photo was taken two weeks ago when we had the week of gorgeous, highs in the 70s almost 80s, weather. Notice that the egg on the right is down right blue. I think that was Mei's way of celebrating the great weather.

I hope we see a lot more blue eggs soon!

5 comments:

  1. wow! what a difference! I haven't noticed that with pearl's eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty eggs! All hens lay brown or light brown eggs. Great heater for the water. I'm afraid my chickens would knock that over. They have no respect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty color. Your post reminds me that I need to post pics of the tiny egg I got yesterday. It looks smaller than a robin's egg, and my girls normally have huge eggs that fill up the egg carton.

    Love your blog. Following and have added you to my blog roll.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Callie, the base of the pot is so much wider than my girls, they cannot budge it. I have decided to leave it be, but removed the light since we are well into spring. Keeps them from sitting on top and pooping in their water :/

    ReplyDelete